Thursday, February 13, 2014

this is getting REALLY REAL

After an 18 month hiatus from blogging, we're back.  Lots has changed since that last post, some things are still the same.  But it's Winter now, so the sunny, sandy fun has been put on hold until warmer days...we still manage to have a good time.  We have  both found ourselves quite comfortable here in Wanchese.  We have friends and are regulars at a few select bars and restaurants.  It feels like home.  I'm currently the school nurse at the local high school and alternative high school -- I may have finally found my niche in nursing, and I LOVE MY JOB.  Wow, that was weird, I don't think I've ever said that before.  Life is really great!

Despite being completely content, we are still on track to hike the Pacific Crest Trail in APRIL 2014.  Yep, that's in 2 months.

In fact, 2 months from now, we will board a ONE WAY FLIGHT to San Diego.  Never have I purchased one-way airfare....who does that?!

I also have submitted my resignation from my dream job...I just noted today that my position is currently being advertised, and that made me sad. (shh...don't tell any of your nurse friends).

SO - my point is, this is getting REALLY REAL.  There is no turning back now, and on April 16th, 2014, we will set out to walk from Mexico to Canada, through California, Oregon, and Washington -- all 2,660 miles of it.   Stay tuned, folks, and happy trails!

2 comments:

  1. We will be following you! Hope we can hook up before you leave! Happy trails! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt D we will be in Lynchburg from 4/5-4/9...let's plan a dinner date for the gang!

      Delete