Monday, February 24, 2014

Trail (and life) Anthem

If you know me, you likely know that I have a borderline-unhealthy obsession with The Infamous Stringdusters, -an amazing band with bluegrass roots, but they're not afraid to expand well beyond the boundaries of the genre .  Fortunately, Moonshine (barely) tolerates my preoccupation with the 'Dusters.  I want to share this very special song with you.  Whether this is your thing or not, I feel that everyone can and should relate to the powerful lyrics in this song - Let it Go. 


Get More:

"If it's worry you've been feeling over things you can't control, it's time to LET IT GO"

I am consciously working to apply this message in my daily life...and will do so on the Trail as well!

Most people can probably relate - music is something that is, and always has been, a very important part of our lives, linked so strongly with our memories and experiences.  Music is something we choose not to take on the trail - we feel that it allows us to appreciate it so much more, as well as get more in touch with nature as it was intended.  And it's pretty fun to experience the randomness of the songs that pop into your head (and get stuck there on repeat for days, and days, and days..).

So there's my shameless plug.  No more Duster talk -- promise.  Hope y'all enjoyed!

Listen out for me singing this up the Trail :D

No comments:

Post a Comment