Monday, July 7, 2014

cozy conifer forests

Day 64 ~ miles 1018.5 - 1035.4

We got back to the trail around 9:00, feeling really great.  We did some exposed ridge walking for a bit before we walked in and out of some glorious conifer forests.  Happy Summer Solstice!  To us long distance hikers, it's hike naked day!  We didn't hike naked today, I guess we're boring.  We didn't see any other naked hikers either... lame!  I can't believe no one participated!

The mountains were gentle and broad, covered in huge conifers.  The smell of the warm sun hitting the pines, the soft bed of needles blanketing  the ground, and making the trail so soft for walking on, the way the sunlight shines through the giant trees, covering the forest floor with small pieces of light; these types of forests just feel so cozy to me.

I felt an overwhelming sense of joy today, I'm not sure why.  I guess sometimes we just realize what an amazing experience this is and how lucky we are to be living it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment