Thursday, July 31, 2014

sick day

Day 83 ~ zero in Chester

Unfortunately, we were forced to take a sick day in Chester.  Not how we prefer to spend our days off, of course, but we had no choice.  Typically, our days off are not restful at all.   Today was quite the opposite; we did not leave the bed until the evening, when we forced ourselves to go grocery shopping.  I still hadn't eaten a thing by that point, and nothing sounded appetizing, but I had to buy my food for the next stretch of trail.  We were glad to see that we haven't been missing out on anything good on television.  We flipped channels like it was our job!  I choked down a couple of slices of pizza before bed (probably not the best choice for my first meal).  Moonshine's appetite is nearly back to normal.   Trail rumor has it that several other hikers have been ill with the same, yuck.  Back to it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment