Thursday, August 14, 2014

feels like fall

Day 96 ~ miles 1541.9 -1571.1

Whoa, what is going on?  It's July, and as I write, I'm bundled up in my sleeping bag, nearly all of my clothes on, just a couple of degrees away from shivering!  A cold wind is blowing.  These mountains are crazy.  After being disturbed throughout the night by the gusty winds whipping our tent around, we awoke to blustery weather requiring our coats.

We camped by a lake.  The lake with the cool weather and plentiful conifers was reminiscent of the Appalachian Trail through Maine.

All day, the fall-like weather kept us going for our longest mileage day in history!   We hiked in our jackets for awhile, as the clouds drifted in front of the sun and a cool breeze blew.  I suppose that the mostly flat terrain helped a little in our mileage achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment