Wednesday, September 10, 2014

a quick adjustment

Day 114 ~ miles 1914 - 1931.6

The hiker campsite at Shelter Cove was nearly abandoned when we woke up at 7.  After organizing food and packing up, we indulged in coffee drinks and pastries, followed by a hot shower.

Just as we were making our exit, Firecracker and Tidy Camper arrived. My neck had really been bothering me for the past few days, and yesterday Moonshine was even having to put my pack on for me. Knowing that Firecracker is a chiropractor in  real life, I asked if she knew any good chiropractors in Bend.  "Me!" she quickly responded.  She laid me on the grassy lawn, snapped into total professional mode, and massaged and adjusted my neck.  We stuck around for a bit longer and had another coffee drink from the espresso bar, and  then hit the trail.

Over lunch, we watched storm clouds build and got rained on a bit. In late afternoon/early evening with 7.5 miles to go for the day, we took a break.  As we started to hike, it started to thunder and drizzle.  The storm chased us all the way to our campsite, but we somehow managed to dodge all but a few raindrops.  The tent was setup by Charlton lake just in time for another bout of rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment