Sunday, May 4, 2014

birthday in big bear

Day 15 ~ miles 248ish - 266

It's my birthday and I don't feel like writing in paragraph form, so I'm not going to.

~ I'm 29 years young today :D
~A couple of well timed instances of trail magic today: a huge couch in the middle of the woods right next to a tool box full of sodas and cookies, and another trailside soda later. 
~Moonshine got me the best birthday gift ever!  A silver PCT pendant, handmade by a very talented and wonderful lady (love and miss you, Sara!)
~We hiked a pretty quick and easy 18 miles to the road, where we caught a ride with a crazy lady and her 2 young friends all smoking cigarettes in the car...I guess it was good entertainment? not really what we were looking for, but we made it safely into town.
~We spent the night in Big Bear Lake at the hostel, in a bunk room with the 4 guys.  We went out for pizza and beers and had a great time. 
~I randomly found this plastic "happy birthday" cupcake decoration in the mulch by the sidewalk in Big Bear Lake....weird!

A most excellent birthday, indeed!

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIDEWAYS!!! Big Bear is the perfect spot for a birthday party!
    Love, Bruce, Pamela, Owen and Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Its been fun keeping up with you guys! I know yall are having a great time! We miss you.
    Love Crystal Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! So glad you are having fun and doing what you want. Keep blogging! I love it.
    Cid in Hatteras

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad to hear you had a good birthday, and that all is well. I'm so proud of you guys! I'm sure Moonshine was happy to turn over that 0.3 ounce pendant to you ;) Tie it on tight now, girl! Aw, I really miss y'all and your positivity!!! Sean will be sending along a fishin' report soon...xoxo

    ReplyDelete